Elk M1 EZ Alarm System Kit
- Product Information
The Elk M1 combines the most powerful features of an advanced security system together with a sophisticated automation controller. The M1EZ8 is great for those who don't need the built-in telephone and serial interfaces. Why buy a separate alarm panel and have the hassle of trying to interface the two together, when you can have the best of both worlds in one solid system?
With the appropriate interfaces, the M1 will support X-10, Insteon, UPB, ALC, Centralite, Vantage and more... the sky's the limit. The system also supports communicating thermostats from HAI, RCS and Aprilaire. The optional RS-232 serial port makes for fast PC programming and communication, and the optional ethernet interface allows connection and programming over the network or internet.
The Elk M1 supports the major alarm reporting protocols, so it can be professionally monitored for your protection, while maintaining end user self monitoring functionality.
M1 EZ8 Kit includes: Board in 12" enclosure, transformer, M1KP2 two line LCD keypad, 5Ah Battery, SP35 Speaker, RJSET. Please note to flush mount the keypad you will need to purchase part# M1BBK2.
Elk M1 EZ8 M1EZ8KB Features & Benefits:
- 8 on-board input zones expandable to 200
- Backlit LCD Display: 16 x 2 lines with built-in Temperature Sensor. Keypad supports 1 zone input and one output
- Flash Memory - Allows field updates to firmware electronically
- Time/Date stamped 512 event history log
- 12 On-board Outputs including 1 siren driver, 1 form "C" relay and 10 low current (50mA) outputs
- Supports 4-wire (any zone) and 2-wire (zone 16) smoke detectors
- Menu driven, full text keypad programming - no manual required!
- Programmable display of time, date and temperature on each keypad
- Can be partitioned into 8 separate areas and account numbers
- User Codes: 99 (4 or 6 digit) with assignable authority levels
- Arm levels: Away, Stay, Stay Instant, Nite, Nite Instant, Vacation
- Hardware "watchdog" and nonvolatile EEPROM memory
- Telephone Line Fault detection with alarm output
- True V.22 bis Modem for fast, reliable upload/download
- Digital Communicator formats: SIA, Contact ID, 4+2 and Pager
- Elk-RP PC software at no extra charge for programming the alarm and automation rules, includes "conflict resolution" to easily highlight differences between control and PC
- Optional serial or ethernet interfaces
- Optional Plug-in Prox Access reader (26 bit Weigand format)
- System supports up to 16 keypads
- Create lifestyle enhancing comfort, convenience and security with powerful "Whenever/And/Then" RULES Programming
- Rules utilize easy to understand text based references
- Control lighting using optional two way PSC05 Power Line Carrier (PLC) or optional serial port module
- Sunset/Sunrise calculation and activation
- Transmit and receive custom serial ASCII messages with optional serial port module
- Read temperature sensors and communicate with thermostats with optional serial port module